As strong as many amplifiers are, most of them have delicate electronic parts, so you should carefully pack them for shipping them or moving them from one place to another. There is an assortment of packing methods, but based on our years of experience packing amps, here is our advice for packing the amps. Just follow the steps mentioned below and you are good to go.
It is suggested to pack your amp securely so that it doesn’t get damaged if you want to move it from one place to another. The steps we have mentioned below will help you understand the packing criteria, you just need to have a few things at hand. So here we start.
Things you will need to pack your amp
- Bubble wraps
- A huge cardboard box
- Foam peanuts
- Adhesive tape
How to pack your amp
- Remove the cord of the amp or coil it and put it inside the handle.
- Take out the screws on the back of the amp.
- Remove the amp’s back as well.
- Remove the tubes carefully.
- Wrap the tubes using a bubble wrap carefully.
- Now put the wrapped tubes in the amp then fill the amp with bubble wrap.
- Replace the screws and the back. Ensure the back is snug, however, you do not need to push it hard for getting the back on.
- Now wrap the bubble wrap around the amp.
- Also, put wraps on the sides of the amp.
- Make sure to put a bubble wrap at the bottom of the box as well. Now, lace the amp in the box. Use a strong box for holding the weight of the amp.
- At this point, fill your box using foam peanuts or even small bubble wraps completely.
- Fill the box full and make sure there are peanuts of bubble wraps in the sides of the box. Tape your box tightly with many layers of adhesive tape and that’s it. Your amp is packed securely.
Make sure it is going about by shaking it and listening to it if it is rattling. If it doesn’t, you did a great job. After that, you should put a label on the box and ship it anywhere you want!
This is the easiest yet most protected way to pack your amp. All the above-mentioned things are easily available in the market, so you won’t find any difficulty buying them. See having just a few items at home can help you to protect your amp.
Do’s and Don'ts of packing the amp
Packing is simple though, at times, you need to understand some dos and don’ts of packing as well. There are some minor things that you need to follow or avoid while packing your amp.
Let’s check them out.
What you should do!
- Pack the amplifier upright. That’s the perfect position for keeping it secure when packing it. In their upright position, amp heads are particularly easy to carry. If you can do it, well done.
- Set it on a towel, foam, or blanket to protect it from the unforgiving metal floor or bouncing trunks, which can rattle valves.
What you should not do!
- It should not be transported facing up. If you can’t load amps in an upright position, the better option is to position them face down. When you drive these things around with their backs to the road, any bump, dip, and pothole put downward pressure on the speaker parts, particularly the magnets.
Packing your amp might seem daunting sometimes, but we hope with our guidance and the steps mentioned above, you will be able to ace it. So pack it and ship it anywhere without worrying about it getting damaged.
Here is the link to the Viktory covers materials to cover your amp combo or cabinet